donderdag 16 oktober 2014

Gene Vincent - The Road Is Rocky


BEAR FAMILY RECORDS -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Gene Vincent lived his life for Rock 'n' Roll and will always be remembered for Be Bop A Lula, one of the greatest recordings of the 1950s. It made him an instant star and launched an extraordinary rollercoaster of a career that always seemed destined to end in tragedy. Along the way he recorded more than 200 songs including many of the finest and best loved Rock 'n' Roll classics such as Bluejean Bop, Lotta Lovin' and Dance To The Bop. He became an enormously influential figure, especially in Europe, known for his black leather image, hell-raising lifestyle and the sheer brilliance of his wild stage act. Here for the first time are the complete studio recordings of Gene Vincent gathered together on eight CDs and covering the 16 year period from 1956 to 1971. All of his recordings for Capitol, Columbia, Challenge, Forever/Playground, Dandelion, Kama Sutra and B&C are presented in chronological order, including previously unissued stereo versions. Together, they form an incredible body of work and a lasting memorial to this tortured genius. The set is accompanied by a hardcover-book containing a detailed discography, lavishly illustrated with a wonderful array of rare and exciting photos plus the full story of Gene's amazing life and the background to each of his recordings. Rock 'n' Roll comes no better than this.

  CD 1: Race With The Devil Be-Bop-A-Lula Woman Love I Sure Miss You Jezebel Crazy Legs Peg O' My Heart Wedding Bells (Are Breaking Up That Old Gang Of Mine) Waltz Of The Wind Up A Lazy River Ain't She Sweet Gonna Back Up Baby Who Slapped John Jumps, Giggles And Shouts Bluejean Bop I Flipped Bop Street Well, I Knocked Bim Bam You Told A Fib Jump Back, Honey, Jump Back Teenage Partner (version 1) Blues Stay Away From Me Five Feet Of Lovin' (version 1) Cat Man Double Talkin' Baby Hold Me, Hug Me, Rock Me Unchained Melody

  CD 2: B-I-Bickey-Bi Bo Bo Go Pink Thunderbird Pretty, Pretty Baby Cruisin' Important Words (version 1) You Better Believe Red Bluejeans And A Pony Tail Five Days, Five Days In My Dreams I Got It Wear My Ring Lotta Lovin' Rollin' Danny Time Will Bring You Everything True To You In My Dreams Dance To The Bop By The Light Of The Silvery Moon Right Now You'll Never Walk Alone I Got A Baby Your Cheatin' Heart Baby Blue (version 1) Walkin' Home From School It's No Lie Should I Ever Love Again Flea Brain Brand New Beat Frankie And Johnnie

  CD 3: You Belong To Me Keep It A Secret Yes, I Love You Baby Dance In The Street Git It I Love You Teenage Partner (version 2) Peace Of Mind Lovely Loretta Little Lover Rocky Road Blues Somebody Help Me Five Feet Of Lovin' (version 2) Look What You Gone And Done To Me Hey, Good Lookin' Summertime I Can't Help It (If I'm Still In Love With You) The Wayward Wind Now Is The Hour In Love Again Say Mama (Hey Mama) The Night Is So Lonely (version 1) The Night Is So Lonely (version 2) Lonesome Boy Lady Bug Lonesome Boy You Are The One For Me Maybe

  CD 4: In Love Again Say Mama Be Bop Boogie Boy I Can't Believe You Want To Leave I Got To Get To You Yet My Heart The Night Is So Lonely Beautiful Brown Eyes Rip It Up Maybelline High Blood Pressure Who's Pushing Your Swing Anna Annabelle Gone, Gone, Gone I Might Have Known Important Words My Baby Don't Low Over The Rainbow Ready Teddy Vincent's Blues Pretty Pearly (Mono) Accentuate The Positive (Mono) She She Little Sheila (Mono) Darlene (version 1) (Mono) Why Don't You People Learn How To Drive (Mono) Crazy Times (Mono) Greenback Dollar (Mono) Big Fat Saturday Night (Mono) Wild Cat (Mono) Hot Dollar (Mono) Right Here On Earth (version 1) (Mono) Blue Eyes Crying In The Rain (Mono) Everybody's Got A Date But Me (Mono) Mitchiko From Tokyo (Mono)

  CD 5: Pretty Pearly (Stereo) Accentuate The Positive (Stereo) She She Little Sheila (Stereo) Darlene (version 2) (Stereo) Why Don't You People Learn How To Drive (Stereo) Crazy Times (Stereo) Greenback Dollar (Stereo) Big Fat Saturday Night (Stereo) Wild Cat (Stereo) Hot Dollar (Stereo) Right Here On Earth (version 2) (Stereo) Blue Eyes Crying In The Rain (Stereo) Everybody's Got A Date But Me (Stereo) Mitchiko From Tokyo (Stereo) Pistol Packin' Mama Weeping Willow Crazy Beat I'm Gonna Catch Me A Rat It's Been Nice That's The Trouble With Love Good Lovin' Mister Loneliness Teardrops If You Want My Lovin' I'm Goin' Home (To See My Baby) Love Of A Man Baby Don't Believe Him Lucky Star

  CD 6: Spaceship To Mars There I Go Again (Whoops I'm Dreaming) King Of Fools You're Still In My Heart Held For Questioning Be-Bop-A-Lula '62 Temptation Baby Where Have You Been All My Life The Beginning Of The End La Den Da Den Da Da Humpity Dumpity A Love 'em And Leave 'em Kinda Guy Love Love Love Lavender Blue You Are My Sunshine Slippin' And Slidin' Private Detective Shimmy Shammy Shingle Long Tall Sally Good Golly Miss Molly Send Me Some Lovin' Hey Hey Hey Hey Another Saturday Night Someday (You'll Want Me To Want You) Baby Blue Suzie-Q

  CD 7: Bird Doggin' Ain't That Too Much Lonely Street I've Got My Eyes On You Love Is A Bird Born To Be A Rolling Stone Hurtin' For You Baby Hi-Lili Hi Lo Poor Man's Prison I'm A Lonesome Fugitive Words And Music Am I That Easy To Forget Pickin' Poppies Story Of The Rockers In The Pines White Lightnin' Lotta Lovin' '69 Circle Never Broken Black Letter Rainbow At Midnight (I Heard That) Lonesome Whistle Scarlet Ribbons Rockin' Robin Ruby Baby Sexy Ways Be Bop A Lula '69 Pickin' Poppies (different mix) Story Of The Rockers (different mix)

  CD 8: Sunshine I Need Woman's Love Slow Times Comin' Danse Colinda Geese 500 Miles Away From Home Listen To The Music If Only You Could See Me Today A Million Shades Of Blue Tush Hog How I Love Them Old Songs High On Life You Can Make It If You Try There Is Something On Your Mind North Carolina Line Our Souls Oh Lonesome Me Boppin' The Blues The Day The World Turned Blue The Woman In Black Looking Back Say Mama '71 I'm Movin' On

  Recording data: 1956 - 1971 Original label: Capitol, Columbia, Challenge, Forever/Playground, Dandelion, Kama Sutra and B&C


The Road Is Rocky CD 1.rar     The Road Is Rocky CD 2.rar      The Road Is Rocky CD 3.rar          The Road Is Rocky CD 4.rar     The Road Is Rocky CD 5.rar        The Road Is Rocky CD 6.rar The Road Is Rocky CD 7.rar          The Road Is Rocky CD 8.rar

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten